Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lace & Pearl Headband

For some reason I have not been feeling very crafty lately, it feels like I've just run out of inspiration or something. Well i knew i had to get out of this 'craft slump' so to say. And came up with this little beauty. What do you think?



Here's how i made it. I used some lace i had on hand

 And glued it around and around to make this little lace flower and then put a button in the middle to make it a little cuter.

Then i measured stretchy lace the size i needed it for my daughter's head and just hot glued the ends together.

Next i cut out some pieces of felt and glued some pearl beads onto it....yes, yes i know the shapes are not exactly the same but it didn't bother me it's in no way a "perfect" project.

After i finished that i cut out rectangle shape piece of felt and glue my bead 'creations' to the end of it.

And then glued the flower in the middle

I then took the lace headband i made and glued it down,making sure to glue the seams down so they wouldn't show.

Next i cut out another rectangle piece of felt and slapped  glued it on top of the lace,and trimmed the corners.

There you have it!

As always there are SO many possibilities when you make headbands but this cost me $0 because i used what i had laying around.

Stuffing chocolate in her mouth....as always a great model for mommy.

Have Fun!

6 comments :

  1. This is very beautiful. I'm going to make this for my granddaughter. Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric flower made from lace. The headband looks great!!! I've just bought a hot glue gun, specifically for making hair accessories. I'd love you to share this at our ongoing themed linky that's just for Hair Accessories...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-hair-accessories.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! I love it and want to make one for myself:> Thanks for the idea:>

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the lace and the pearls together! So lovely! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! Just wanted to let you know that I featured this as part of my link party wrap up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...